Global real estate markets are increasingly becoming the playground of billionaires and private property transactions starting at at least $10 million dollars have tripled since 2009 – a recent report published by Savills and Wealth-X points out. Here are some highlights from the report –
– The ultra rich hold 20 percent of their wealth in residential real estate.
– The total value of world’s real estate is around US$180 trillion.
– 72 percent of total real estate is residential property occupied by owners and global billionaires hold about 3 percent.
– European and Asian billionaires hold 80 percent property by value.
– European billionaires hold 31 percent wealth in real estate. Asian billionaires hold 27 percent in real estate. And Middle East billionaires hold 26 percent in real estate.
– North American billionaires hold only 7 percent wealth in real estate.
– Europe is the home of the most international and largest real estate and attracts the most global investments.
– Global billionaires population expected to increase 22 percent by 2018.
– Combined wealth for the ultra rich is expected to rise close to US$36 trillion by 2018 from US$27.8 trillion at current.
– There are about 200,000 ultra rich in the world. These are ultra high net-worth (UHNW) individuals with more than $30 million in investable assets across the globe.
Wealth-X is a Singapore-based company that provides intelligence on the ultra rich. To view the full report, visit Wealth-X website.
More A Dawn Articles